i think i,ll get my money back no devs here no idea if its dead or what
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
A vast planet hidden in the outer reaches of space, ruins of a long extinct civilization - you awake in the wreck of mankind's first and only interstellar starship, lightyears away from earth. Soon to find that you are humanity's last hope of survival from a disaster. A disaster that was supposedly caused by the inhabitants of this very planet. As you explore strange landscapes, you can't shake off the feeling that you are not alone.
Xcylin is an RPG that puts you on a planet where you need to explore, craft and fight in order to survive. A strong story and a sophisticated dungeon generation system ensure that no two missions play the same. And Xcylin's fully moddable engine makes sure that there is also a huge amount of community made planets waiting for you to explore.
- A completely simulated planet to roam freely
- Fully destructable/buildable terrain
- Build your own shelters/bases with sophisticated in-game technology, connecting lights and doors with switches, pressure sensitive blocks and even in-game computer systems
- Dig for resources deep below the surface
- A vast amount of different block types await you, each with different attributes and abilities
- Find hundreds of ancient items left on the planet by an old civilization
- Craft new items in your inventory or use replicator technology to create even more complex items
- Find, craft or replicate a multitude of weapons to protect yourself from the planet's alien lifeforms
- Explore lots of dungeons created by a sophisticated dungeon generation system
- A strong storyline to guide you trough the game
- No two missions ever play the same
(Please note that although these features are all planned for the game, they are all subject to change)
- Intel Core i5 or i7 or comparable AMD CPU
At least 4GB of RAM
- Dedicated graphics card like NVIDIA GTX560Ti / AMD R7970 or comparable with at least 1GB of video RAM.
- at least 1GB free disk space
- Windows 7 64bit
- Windows 8 64bit
- Windows 8.1 64bit
- Windows 10 64bit
- OR Linux 64bit
- Mouse/Trackpad and Keyboard
Please note that there won't be a 32bit version of the game. If you don't have a 64bit Windows or Linux you won't be able to play the game. Also note that these are estimates, they will be refined in the near future.
The game is not yet on Steam, but you will get a free key for Steam with your order once the game is greenlit.
Please note that this is a pre-order. You'll get the game as soon as we reach alpha phase. Of course you will also get all versions of the game that follow the Alpha up until the Release version.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $14.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
will the game be available this year
i have had the game 46 days now no sighn of devs or alpha
Why not disabling modding for the pre alpha, so people already get something to play when they buy it here?
In general this is a good idea, but Xcylin the game is also basically a mod, or rather a world template for the Xcylin engine, so I think disabling modding is not really an option. But I will look into it, maybe there is a way ...
i am really looking forward to this but i have bought the game to early why is there no pre alpha to play around in
We are working hard on Xcylin and could release an pre alpha version, but as Xcylin is moddable we don't want to release a version where the modding interface is not mostly finished. That would lead to modders being very disappointed when they need to completely rework their mods with later versions of the game. But rest assured that we will release Xcylin as soon as it is possible! :)
hi i just purchased when will this be released to play
Thank you for your purchase. We plan an alpha release later this year.
Please follow us on Twitter (@xcylin or @moebiusdev) to get the release as soon as it comes out. Of course you will also get the final build, once we release it!
my intel hd4000 could run minecraft at a decent rate, how do you thing my intel hd5500 will handle this game?
Xcylin uses better textures, special liquid shaders and also uses blocks that are not cube shaped, so I think the hd5500 will not handle this game very well :/ But I'm working on low-end settings, so maybe(!) it will be possible that Xcylin runs at 30 fps on a hd5500 later in the development.
I think we will start seeing a lot of voxel based games popping up and the connotation to minecraft will soon disappear when people discover the vaster potential of these type of games.
This doesn't look very original...
I guess you think that all blocky games are like Minecraft, right? That is about as true as the statement that all RTS games are like Command & Conquer. I hope you will revise your opinion once you have the opportunity to play the game. :)